Finding The Perfect Wedding Venue
Finding the perfect wedding venue can be incredibly difficult. When you start planning for your wedding, you often have an idealised vision of how things will play out. It often involves a smooth ride through the planning process (laugh out loud), choosing decorations, finding the venue, picking out the perfect catering company and finding the right photographer.
In reality, things are a lot bumpier than we imagine. Part of the problem is that the venue has to be just right. This is, after all, where you’re going to get married. Not only does it need to meet the idea you have in your head, but it also has to accommodate practical details like the size of the guest list and the format of the ceremony.
When you start planning for your wedding, you often have an idealised vision of how things will play out.
Here are 15 questions you may not think of asking when looking around potential venues
- Do we get exclusive use of the venue?
- Is there somewhere to stay the night before for the bride, is it included in the price?
- How many can the venue sleep?
- What time can guests check in?
- What time do guests check out the next day? Does the costs include breakfast?
- Do they have in house caterers? Can we provide our own without a penalty?
- Is there cockade charged?
- How many food options are you able to offer us?
- How much alcohol is included in the package?
- Do we have to use your suppliers or can we use your own?
- Can we set up a bar tab for our guests?
- Is the bar open during food service?
- Are there any hidden extra charges? (Hire charges, staffing costs etc)
- Do costs include VAT?
- What is your Booking & Cancellation policy?
One of the best things you can do is seek out people who work in the industry. They’ll have years of knowledge and even databases for you to look through with a ton of venues that can meet your needs. They will also know what type of event fits well within your desired space… so start making friends and fast!